Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Beauty of a Wildflower


Nobody plants a wildflower
Nobody wants one too
Nobody stops to look at the beauty that I see in you

Wildflower who grows under terrible conditions
Stands in the shadows of your omission
You are beautiful
Because you are you

The face of your petals
Carry the weight
Of my world
The strength in your stems support my fall
And your roots hold me through it all

Wildflower you do not belong anywhere
Yet you rise from the dirt below me and thrive
Even when no one is watching

Wildflower you are beautiful
Even when the world is too busy
Looking at roses

Bloom toward the sun
And smile as it shines
Because everyone is beautiful
And this beauty
Your beauty
Is mine 

1 comment:

  1. Wildflowers always fill me with joy as does this awesome poem.

    ReplyDelete

Template Design By Baby in Heels