Thursday, December 11, 2014

Daddy Issues

Oh how I've waited 

Every night as a little girl
I crawled up in a corner
with my head in my knees
and my heart in my stomach 

I held the phone in my hand for hours
expecting to hear from you 

Oh how I've waited

I've waited by the window
watching every plane fly by
I was young  and naive but watching
fathers and their little girls made me cry

And Every night I thought maybe he's in that one
So I waited by the door 
Falling asleep,
never faltering in my faith 
that you would come to see me 

Oh How I've waited 

I waited for messages:
Emails
                Voicemails
                                 And Letters 

I wanted to tell you that I love you
or maybe I wanted to hear it 


And then one day

I stopped waiting 
I didn't wait near the phone,
I didn't look at airplanes,
I stopped waiting for your letters,

I stopped waiting for you...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Template Design By Baby in Heels