Monday, January 5, 2015

Now That You're Gone

If only I knew we had an expiration date
I would have held you longer
I would have savored every kiss
I would have done all the things I surely will miss

I know these words don’t mean much
But I wish that I could have saved you
I mean… I wish I could have saved us
I wish I knew how

People say that things happen for a reason
And I hope that this is true
I hope that there is God up there that has better plans for you

I hope that when you read this that you know
How much I truly loved you
I hope that you know that I gave it all up for you

But now that you’re gone it’s too late
If only I had the power to change our fate

2 comments:

  1. Very Good Poem and expression of pouring out your heart. I agree and hope you continue to write because you do it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Template Design By Baby in Heels