Thursday, December 11, 2014

Time Travel

I want to look the past me in the eyes and tell her 
to never love anyone more than you love yourself 

But that isn't possible is it, 
I mean it isn't possible to love yourself more than you love another human being right?
 Because when you love you lose pieces of yourself
and you know damn well you'll never get those pieces back. 

And each time your heart breaks
you become half of the half of what you used to be,
 and the cycle continues until there's nothing left
but tiny broken pieces of what you used to mean.
 Until you mean nothing,
until you are just an empty shell of the person you once were.
And just to be sure that your hallowed out
 someone will try to break you again
 but this time you feel nothing
 and you are what you are because
they made you into this husk. 

So I wish I could look at the future me
 in her eyes and tell her to be strong
 and to somehow find a new way to love
 and teach her how to move on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template Design By Baby in Heels